My medical practice is opening to new patients on January 15, 2021, and I’m delighted to share the details with you. In October, I joined the faculty at the Department of Integrative Medicine and Nutritional Sciences at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, and I now serve as the Director of Precision Medicine at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health in Villanova, Pennsylvania.
To help you decide whether you want to schedule a telehealth appointment with me, here’s a brief summary of what I do.
- I practice integrative, functional, and precision medicine—that means we start with root cause analysis, extensive laboratory testing, and together we determine how to reverse, reduce, or prevent disease or injury. I have found after practicing in this way for 25 years that the work begins with a strong foundation of optimized gut, immune, and hormonal function.
- I see all types of patients including elite athletes, executives, and working mothers. I take care of men and women anywhere along a spectrum from robust health to disease. Among my patients, a common theme is a desire for something more than what’s on offer from mainstream medicine and to prevent or reverse disease.
- You can schedule a single telehealth appointment, or a series. Initial appointments are 60-90 minutes via telehealth.
- Case review. Some patients begin with a comprehensive case review, such as for athletic performance, a second opinion, autoimmune disease, or to discuss BRCA1/2 treatment.
- In-person visits. I see my patients once per year in person at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health. You can see me in person at the end of one year of telehealth appointments, but an in-person appointment is required for us to work beyond one year. Limited house calls are available within driving distance of my home.
- My areas of greatest expertise are hormonal imbalances such as low testosterone, perimenopause, menopause, osteopenia and osteoporosis, sexual function, and previvorship (for women with genetic mutations such as BRCA1/2), weight management, autoimmune disease and immune health, and reduction of cardiometabolic disease.
- What I don’t provide. If you have Lyme disease or environmentally-acquired Illness, I am not the best physician for you. If you are in the midst of cancer care, I am not the right fit but I can advise you about survivorship and rebuilding the gut once you’ve completed care. I do not take insurance or Medicare. I cannot be your primary care physician. You must have a primary care physician in your home state.
- Executive Precision Medicine Program. Later in 2021, we will be offering a deep-dive executive and VIP program where we calculate biological age, integrate it with wearable sensors and other precision medicine biomarkers to formulate a customized protocol for optimal wellness, hormone balance, brain and gut function, and career longevity. You can start this process by making an appointment with me in Q1.
- Coming soon. Watch for announcements of our group telehealth program in Q2/Q3 for for 10-25+ people with similar issues such as menopause, weight loss, and autoimmune disease. This will be our most affordable option with partial scholarships available.
I’ve been honored to care for Olympic athletes, Silicon Valley CEOs, royalty, celebrities, neighbors, and most patients in between. Everyone is treated with the greatest respect and confidentiality. I am a biracial White/Black physician. We are committed to antiracist policy.
I look forward to helping you feel fully alive and balanced from your cells to your soul. Our focus in our work together is for you to define why you want your health so that you can live your life fully and authentically from the heart.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, join the wait list at SaraGottfriedMD.com/patient. We send invitations to complete an online short form about once every 4 to 8 weeks. Be sure to add email@example.com to your list of contacts so you do not miss our invitation.
Looking forward to our work together!