Hormones control how we feel. As a medical doctor specializing in hormonal health for over 25 years, I understand the immense impact hormone imbalances can have on physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
Women are more vulnerable than men to hormone dysregulation issues. For women who are still cycling but also women in perimenopause and menopause, our hormones get out of whack more easily than what we see with men. Even more unfortunate, the signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalances are often dismissed as ‘normal,’ particularly by medical doctors. I want women to stop normalizing hormone imbalance and I want them to demand more from their doctors who are not taking their symptoms seriously or are dismissing them as part of the aging process.
I joined Dr. Mark Hyman MD on his podcast, The Doctor’s Farmacy to talk about hormonal imbalances, how they get out of whack, and how we can optimize them and get them back in synchronous balance.
In this podcast, we discuss
- Symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Weight gain and hormonal issues
- How food affects hormone balance
- Alcohol and hormones
- Hormone balancing foods
- The importance of metabolic flexibility
- Cruciferous vegetables, soy, and hormonal health
- Whether a plant-based or a vegan diet is helpful for hormonal health
- Why muscle is so important for hormonal health
Watch the full podcast here
Do you want to learn more about natural solutions for hormone dysfunction and imbalances?